LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lvl 30 tigerstrike/dragontail guide
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:35 am    Post subject:  lvl 30 tigerstrike/dragontail guide  

ok. i like tigerstrike/dragontail assassins. they arent by far the best pvp build. in fact, they lose often. but in lld, they seem to do a lot better.

lets look at what each skill does, then you get to see why they fit so well together.

tigerstrike- charge up attack...once you get 3 charges your damage can be increased by well over 1000%
dragontail- an explosive kick (fireball+your boots) that damages in a radius and knocks opponents back. it also adds a lot of enhanced damage.

so...you pair the two and get a fireball attached to the end of your foot (that is partially physical damage too) that does more damage than any fireball sorceress at the same levels.

the single drawback is having to charge up that attack. speed is key in this build, in attacking, blocking, and recovering.

with this is mind, lets start the guide

stats- 160 hell rushed skills- 41 hell rushed the hell rushing is up to you but your damage will suffer greatly if you do not get the extra 8 skills.

str- enough for gear (either 125 or 95, depending on boots)
dex- enough for max block (varies per shield)
vita- all of it left over plus any extra
ene- NONE

skill placement-
claw mastery-1
burst of speed-1
tiger strike-18
dragon talon-1
dragon claw-1
dragon tail-18
dragon flight-1

you can go for 20 into dragon tail and 16 tigerstrike for lower damage and higher attack rating. or vice versa, 20 tigerstrike and 16 dragon tail for higher damage.

gear- plus skills are good, they are your friend...almost along the same lines of a lld smiter, you want all the +skills you can get. +max damage items DO NOT help your kicks, only the chargeups.

helm- peasant crown or 2 ma/visionary circ with other mods

armor- 4 choices: magi, shroud, artisans/squid, and artisans/equilibrium
i suggest either spirit shroud or artisans/equilibrium. you get 2 extra skills with the shroud, but you can make 86% fhr much easier with the artisans

belt- string of ears or 24fhr/life/mana/stat belt (keep the soe for melee's no matter what if you choose the fhr belt as your main)

gloves- 2 martial arts 10 ias stat gloves. at least get +2 martial arts and stats, nothing less is worth it imo

shield- rhyme(grim or tower), whitstands, or sigons. use the rhyme if you need cbf still, and the whitstands is great against fury/zeal paladins because of its faster block. i suggest a p diamond or shael sigon for main though (1extra skill and high block)

boots- high damage means either war boots or battle boots. i suggest rare war boots (eth/rep is great) with frw/fhr/dex/resists. another very good choice (esp vs high life chars) is up'd goblin toes. the crushing blow would be a nice addition to your char, but the loss of kick damage is up to you. one good set of boots i'd love to have is the duped ones names soul shanks. greaves, lvl 22 required. 17 str 4 dex and trip resist 45+, none are poison. up those and i think it would be heaven!

weapon- couple choices here, its kinda personal preference...the best you can get is going to be rare eth rep blade talons with +2 martial arts 30 ias 2 open sockets, etc... since we all like to dream, a temporary may need to be used. i suggest one of two claws. 1st choice: 'malice' blade talon (if you need speed) or quahab. the quahab will have higher damage, nice for charging up. 2nd choice(better choice, imo): 'strength' handscythe with staffmods like +dragonflight (save a point) and dragon tail. or if you can get them with +shadow warrior/master or blade shield that would probably be a good option as well. i suggest strength in a handscythe with staffmods. open wounds in cool, but it kinda pales if you get +3 dragon tail with 20 str 10 vita and 25% cb.

jewelry- angelics, you need a lot of ar with this build.

inventory: max/ar/fhr or mod'd fhr charms to make 86% fhr is my suggestion. you have to be able to get back into swinging fast since tigerstrike is interruptible. fill the rest up with all the ar/life scs you can afford. 10/xx/20+ seem are a waste since it is only helping your ts damage.

a little bit of dueling strategy:

bowa zon: usually dont need to charge up they are so weak, just dtail to keep em stunned constantly
conc barbs: get lots and lots of ar and all the damage you can find.
ww barbs: heh...might as well not even try..
fury druid: get some faster block and hope they miss a lot
zeal pala: fury druid with conc aura, bastards they are...
smite pala: keep em knocked back with your dtail and you might win
charge pala: dragon flight>2 h chargers. never fought a 1 hander
sorc's: dragonflight on them and start whacking, you can usually get them if you drop a dtail before its fully charged to keep them stunned
ele druids: very hard to duel, keep them off balance with dragon flight. charge on their summons then unload on them.
hammer paladins: dragon flight on them when they are trying to desych you to screw up their charge. swing once or twice when they arent casting right after that and get the hell outta dodge. repeat.

if you cant tell, vs casters dragon flight is what keeps the fight in your favor (if it ever is, and if not it keeps you from losing too badly)

against melee's you just keep swinging. it may take a couple kicks to release that charge you built up, so dont just do it once. and the knockback helps a lot.

in pub games ppl will laugh at the damage you do with your claw until you kick them. then they cry hax. its nice to listen to.

finally, in the end, 7k damage with a war boot shouldnt be too hard to get. have fun and critique me!

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject:  

How much ias do you need?
NightWish

BNet Acct/Realm: Not telling
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:  

Nice guide ^_^

what strat vs. FOH, Jabs, cs, and bone necros?

Argg0

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast/Ladder - *argg0
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:  

Using Dflight on a hammerdin is suicide.

Meegz ?

BNet Acct/Realm: *meegz @ east ladder
39.74 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:  

only if they are already spamming hammers is it suicide. you have to do it when they are attempting to desynch you.

foh paladins are just chargers who dont hit you with a weapon most of the time, so you are going to be using dragonflight a lot if they are charging away. if they dont charge away you just keep hitting them with your weapon and charging up. i dont know about cs, i never dueled any, the same with jabbers. i would assume its close to dueling a bowa though, frequently use dragontail to keep them in hit recovery. even if your kicks dont hit, you will still get the fhr animation from the blast of the kick. also, it will cause them to dodge too.

im pretty sure bone necros will rape this build very easily, but if you can charge up on their golem youre that much ahead.

since you only get ias from your gloves and burst of speed, i suggest making sure you have a lvl 7 burst. this should not be too hard at all, esp if you put a spirit and sigon shield, or two claws with +2 shadow skills on switch if you are lacking a skill or two.. a lvl 7 burst with 10 ias gloves will give you a 10 frame attack with dragontail. lvl 2-6 is an 11 frame attack, and lvl 1 is 12 frame. no burst is a 16 frame attack.

your bp's with tiger strike will be 11 frame with no burst, 9 frame with lvl 1-3 burst, and 8 frame with above lvl 3...it doesnt change for a very long time after that. so at the very least get a lvl 3 burst of speed. that is only +2 all skills from your gear, which you should have easily.

i knew i had left something important like that out, but it was 5 in the morning and i couldnt sleep. so i was a bit sleepy Rolling Eyes

Napalm loves the little children of the world.
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: