LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Help To Figure Out Alvl,Clvl,Ilvl, etc
Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:  Help To Figure Out Alvl,Clvl,Ilvl, etc
Subject description: Yes...I checked the affix calc

Mos-Honrable Diablo Knowledge Bots.... Please help me to understand something in PLAIN english cuz after 2 years I'm still not quite getting it.

When using affix calc to check alvls of mods for ancient armor I wanted to try to figure out best lvls to imbue an eth ancient armor. Problem is I get confused between mf'ing, gambling, imbueing, crafting, etc....they just all seem to be different and I don't have formulas memorized or anything.

anyhow... for a lvl 9 req armor I can get up to alvl 12 mods (I think since I just multiplied 12 x .75 = req lvl 9 exactly). So, clvl I set to 9 and input lvl no matter hte level I kept getting alvl 20 mod showing..not that it matters much cuz I can just do the math to figure what will show and what wont but... Sad Sooooooo confusing sometimes.

I had an idea to publish a list of "common" items gambled,imbued, etc. Be so much easier to just have a handy list instead of calculating it each time. So, reading Jerkazoid's posts confuse me cuz he talks of ilvls exceeded qlvls or w/e...OMG sorry but none of that makes sense to me Sad

Is it possible to publish something like this:

Ancient Armor Gamble Lvl Imbue Lvl Shop Lvl
Lvl 9 Lvl 18 Lvl 15 Any Lvl Act5

I can't align columns here...but, would a list like this make sense? Where OPTIMUM levels are simply published instead of having to calc everything.

My understanding of the *lvl stuff is this:

Qlvl = "quality" of item ie greaves vs battle boots (greaves = qlvl 27) and (battle boots = qlvl 49). This one confuses me the most cuz I'm wondering how battle boots worn by a lvl 29 person can be qlvl of 49???

Alvl = "affix" mod on item. ie (glorious +enhanced defense% = alvl 19) and (Blessed = alvl 25). Meaning this mod can spawn on any boot glorious = lvl 14 boot, Blessed = lvl 19 boot

Ilvl = "item" level. I'm assuming this is the ACTUAL lvl of the item. IE a small charm of sustenance has an ilvl of 17.

Clvl = "character" lvl. this is the lvl of the person/character doing the gambling/imbueing/etc.

Again...can anyone explain this stuff in plain english??? I'd be happy to publish a list if I could ever figure it out.

Thanks Smile

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Odd The Quiet

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:  

Im no expert but this is my interpretation.

Clvl: The level of the char you are piloting at any given time.

Ilvl: This is determined during item generation.
To use your example, a small charm of substinence(+15 to life) can have an Ilvl of 23-99. Depending on whether it was dropped by a Night Lord in Normal or Baal in Hell.

Alvl: This is the minimum Ilvl an item must have to spawn with a given affix.
"Glorious boots" have an Alvl of 19, this means a pair of boots must have a minimum Ilvl of 19 to get this affix during generation.

Affixes also have seperate clvl requirements. Meaning that, although "Glorious boots" have an Alvl of 19, they can be used by lvl 14 chars.

Qlvl: Similar to Alvls, base items have Qlvls.
If Greaves have a Qlvl of 27, a monster must have an Mlvl of 27 to be able to drop them.
This is what stops Fallen in Normal from dropping Exceptional and Elite items.

Like Affixes, Base Items have requirements for minimum clvl that are seperate from their Qlvl.
Battle boots may have a Qlvl of 49, but a char only needs to be lvl25 to wear them.

When imbueing and crafting it gets more complicated because you arent using simple Mlvls. You need to know your desired end result and work backward in your calculations to find your optimal starting points.

Before going to the affix calculator, try D2Data.net to see all of the various affixes, along with their Alvl, req Clvl, and the types of items that can spawn them.
Jerkazoid

BNet Acct/Realm: wscl
4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject:  

no your interpretations are not really correct.
please dont post info trying to help people of this nature unless you're really damn sure, or it gets wicked confusing.

also site any resource that will help people such as....
http://www.diabloii.net/items/item-generation.shtml
[EDIT] its been moved here; http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item_Generation_Tutorial

read that a few times and you should get it.

if your still not getting it,, theres not much more we can do other then make you re-read the same stuff we say over and over.

ilvl.
the items level which is determined by either

1) the vessel it came from, [chest, pot, monster]
2) the clvl +4 during imbue
3) the clvl +5 when shoped (set by the first person to enter the town)* there are also caps in normal.
4) the clvl -5 to +4 during a gamble
5) .5(clvl) + .5(old ilvl); during a craft (ignore all decimals)
6) .4(clvl) + .4(old ilvl); during a 6skull reroll (ignore all decimals)
7) .66(clvl) + .66(old ilvl); during a skull +soj reroll (ignore all decimals)

qlvl; the "quality" level of an item. you cannot alter items qlvl.
qlvl in NO way effects level reqs.. it is simply another variable blizzard uses to weigh at what point a certain item can get certain mods.

if the ilvl < qlvl, the code automatically sets the items Alvl = 1/2 qlvl
therefore items like ancient armor_(qlvl40) are allowed alvl 20 mods no matter how low you make the ilvl. therefore an ancient armor is ALWAYS able to be as high as req lvl 15 bc of the mods that it could get.

mag_lvl. an extra boost to an items alvl.

Alvl; the affix level determined by code which takes into account 3 variables qlvl, ilvl, and mag_lvl
(alvl unlocks mod of the same (or lower) lvl)
example "Cruel"_(for magical items only) is alvl 51.. so an item must spawn with high enough Ilvl to generate the items alvl 51 or higher)

understand we use alvl to describe both a mods needed lvl, and the items obtainable lvl

cruel needs items to obtain alvl51
so we say; "this sword has ilvl 68,, which means its alvl was set to 56"
"cruel is alvl51,, so the sword has alvl56 and therefore has "unlocked" the possibility for cruel51"

something like a small charm (qlvl28) of sustance(alvl23) must be created with an ilvl above 36.. so at ilvl 37 the qlvl 28 sc gets the ability to unlock the mod "of sustance"(23)
the req lvl of that mod is = 17...

23*.75 = 17.25 = req 17... please note this is really a coincidance from old patchs...... some mods are NOT req lvl = 75%alvl

Last edited by Jerkazoid on Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject:  

I know you've answered these questions a thousand times Jerkazoid...thanks for taking the time. Even tho 99% of the time I can't understand you this time you make perfect sense. Very Happy

Last question that has never made sense or needs clarification:

Scenario: I find a norm Andy rare jewel (perfect for rerolling VLLD godly jools).

I use the 6 pskull formula to reroll the jewel with a lvl 21 char ( I chose this level mainly cuz other ppl said it is optimum for rerolling rare norm andy jewels). Sounds right based on what I know so far... anyway...

In posts people refer to "tracking the ilvl" however, I've been simply rerolling over and over with the same lvl 21 char. Does tracking the ilvl mean checking the alvl mods and switching chars to reroll it for optimum possibilities?? Cuz if it does that would mean you would have to have entire accounts dedicated to rolling things based on ilvls and switch chars to match???

BTW... I'm dedicated to learning this Jerkazoid just so you know. I'm gonna publish a list like I did with jewels and charms that people can print and reference. By publishing this list I'm sure I'll learn a TON about all this and save you the time of answering so many questions (like mine Rolling Eyes ).

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:

"tracking the ilvl" however, I've been simply rerolling over and over with the same lvl 21 char. Does tracking the ilvl mean checking the alvl mods and switching chars to reroll it for optimum possibilities

i suppose you can have a slew of chars of varying lvls to throw the ilvl on rares around with more control. sometimes i would find a rare jewel in HELL and use a lvl 1 to drop its ilvl as low as possible in teh first run to save Pskulls before getting on my cother chars.

you track the ilvl bc you are able to continously change it. without paying attention or doing things right, you will not know what ilvl the jewel is any longer and ruin your odds.

the reason you re-roll with a lvl 21 or 20 has to do with maintaining a good ilvl

FYI. a jewels qlvl is 1.. therefore its ilvl = its alvl.
(there actually is no alvl 14 mods for jewels)
http://www.diabloii.nu/affixcalc/calculate.asp?version=110&type=jewl&quality=rar&qlvl=1&inputilvl=14&maglvl=0&lvl=&plvl=&ilvl=&clvl=1

you want to hit ilvl 13 on jewels so they can get alvl13 "Rusty"
carbuncle is alvl12
of wraith is only alvl11
if u dont want "rusty" you drop the ilvl to 12.

assume you find an ilvl13 or 14 rare jewel you roll 6skulls with a clvl20 - 22 to maintain ilvl 13 which allows for alvl 13 mods on jewels

6 skulls reroll = .4old ilvl + .4clvl (ignore decimals)
.4*13 = 5 (ilvl 14 also becomes 5)
.4*20 = 8 (.4 * 21 = 8,,,, as well as a clvl 22)
rare jewel is ilvl = 5+8 = 13

since the ilvl has not changed (or gone from 14 to 13,, but that makes no diff on mods), use the same clvl 20-22 and it will always be an ilvl 13 jewel,
the ilvl 13 jewel is perfect for rusty,carbuncle, of wraith combonations.. now all it takes is luck.

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject:  

so if i find a rare jewel from norm andy, and reroll it with 6 p skulls on a lvl 21 char, it will stay at ilvl 13, but the rlvl will be 9 still?

also if i find a rare jewel from norm andy and reroll it with 6 p skulls on a lvl 1 char the ilvl will drop and it wont be able to get the same affixes as it would at ilvl 13...but then if i rerolled it again on a lvl 21, would it go back up to ilvl 13 and be able to get those affixes again?

is the above is true, in theory couldnt you find a rare jewel newhere(for example hell baal) and reroll it on a lvl 21 char and get ilvl 13 jewels? or would u have to reroll it on a lvl 1 to lower the ilvl then roll it on a lvl 21 to get the ilvl to 13?
Hong10

BNet Acct/Realm: *QuatroFun *HeLOL / East SC NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:  

Mimes wrote:
so if i find a rare jewel from norm andy, and reroll it with 6 p skulls on a lvl 21 char, it will stay at ilvl 13, but the rlvl will be 9 still?

Char lvl 21-23, and andy is ilvl 12. If you wanna make it ilvl 13 for rusty you should use char lvl 24-25 i think

Mimes wrote:
also if i find a rare jewel from norm andy and reroll it with 6 p skulls on a lvl 1 char the ilvl will drop and it wont be able to get the same affixes as it would at ilvl 13...but then if i rerolled it again on a lvl 21, would it go back up to ilvl 13 and be able to get those affixes again?

Just do some math with the formula on arreat sumit, affix calc might be usefull for that.

Mimes wrote:
is the above is true, in theory couldnt you find a rare jewel newhere(for example hell baal) and reroll it on a lvl 21 char and get ilvl 13 jewels? or would u have to reroll it on a lvl 1 to lower the ilvl then roll it on a lvl 21 to get the ilvl to 13?

Yes, you could possibly do the math all the way to lvl 13, and use a char lvl 1 to speed up the process

Mimes

BNet Acct/Realm: e/sc/l Mimes., Mimes-LLD, Justin27 and 1338
34.96 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject:  

ty hong, can neone else confirm this? i will be having a lvl 25 char, so that would be much more convenient.
st-hearts

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject:  

Using a character of clvl 23 or higher will allow you to get the Rusty prefix when rerolling a jewel dropped by Normal Andariel according to the affix calculator.
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject:  

st-hearts wrote:
Using a character of clvl 23 or higher will allow you to get the Rusty prefix when rerolling a jewel dropped by Normal Andariel according to the affix calculator.
yes, that is correct. However, you don't need "rusty" to roll sweet jools. I've rolled 13 and 14 dmg jools using a lvl 20 char. I also roll some pretty nice rings/ammys with the same char. With a lvl 20 char my jools ALWAYS seem to be lvl 9 or lower while I can't say that for any rolls I've done on higher chars. And since I don't have a program taht allows me to see ilvl on a jool I'm stuck rolling what I know.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't roll andy jools into a rusty mod unless u change the ilvl to something higher. She drops ilvl 12 so up to you to mess with the ilvl... unless u can see it then go ahead.

Hong10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject:  

Jerkazoid wrote:

ilvl.
2) the clvl +4 during imbue

qlvl
if the ilvl < qlvl, the code automatically sets the items Alvl = 1/2 qlvl
therefore items like ancient armor_(qlvl40) are allowed alvl 20 mods no matter how low you make the ilvl. therefore an ancient armor is ALWAYS able to be as high as req lvl 15 bc of the mods that it could get.

From Amazon Basin
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=55546
Jarulf wrote:

If (ilvl>99) then {ilvl=99}
if (qlvl>ilvl) then {ilvl=qlvl} ;** see note below
if (magic_lvl>0) then {alvl=ilvl+magic_lvl}
else
{
if (ilvl<(99-qlvl/2))
then {alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2}
else {alvl=2*ilvl-99}
}
If (alvl>99) then {alvl=99}

Assuming these, then for Ancient Armor
if ilvl<(79)
then alvl = ilvl - 20

Imbuing for lvl 15, char lvl 8-36 would be all the same, getting all desired mods like 30 life, 41-50% ed, 24% fhr etc

for lvl 18, i'd want to get alvl 25 for 51-65% ed, 40 life mods
according to the formula, thats char lvl 41?

41 + 4 = 45 < 79
alvl = 45 - 20 = 25

Please tell me if i'm doing it right, if yes, i'll try to post other gears imbue lvls.

edit: eh i'm getting a little problems with quoting -.-

Jerkazoid

4.86 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject:  

yes it looks like your doing things right;

ilvl 45 on the qlvl40 ancient armor makes alvl 25

alvl 25 ofcourse unlocks the req lvl 18 awsome mods such as

blessed(25)
of the mamoth(25)
of simplicity(25)

to make ilvl 45 during imbue u use a Character lvl 41

Hong10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject:  

Okies. Here's my tinny contribution to this post, complementing meitou's optimal imbue level listings with items that usually need more than 2 mods to be usefull. I'll upgrade in the future if people like it and if this gets confirmed. Rolling Eyes

dLvL Equipment cLvl

lvl 9~12 Throwing Spear - lvl 8-25
lvl 9~15 Ancient Armor - lvl 8-36
lvl 18 Ancient Armor - lvl 41
lvl 27 Ornate Plate - lvl 64
lvl 15 War Hammer - lvl 39
lvl 9 War Hammer - lvl 8-25
lvl 18 Maiden Javelin - lvl 32
Lvl 9 Crown - lvl 8-29
lvl 15 Crown - lvl 30
lvl 27 Grim Helm - lvl 57
lvl 30 Grim Helm - lvl 61 *for +2 barb/assassin skill tabs
lvl 18 Bone Shield - lvl 30
lvl 27 Grim Shield - lvl 56

dLvL = Desired Level Requirement
cLvL = Character Level

Last edited by Hong10 on Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject:  

Hong10 wrote:
Okies. Here's my tinny contribution to this post, complementing meitou's optimal imbue level listings with items that usually need more than 2 mods to be usefull. I'll upgrade in the future if people like it and if this gets confirmed. Rolling Eyes

dLvL Equipment cLvl

lvl 9~12 Throwing Spear - lvl 8-29
lvl 9~15 Ancient Armor - lvl 8-40
Lvl 9 Crown - lvl 8-29
lvl 15 Crown - lvl 30

cLvL = Character Level
great work bro... however I thought imbueing lvl 9 items cutoff at lvl 15 to max out alvls as well as max out possibilities of dlvl 9. Isn't max alvl mod for lvl 9 15? Just wondering. Anyway nice job... this should be stickied or added to meitou's thread.

Hong10

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Hong10 wrote:

dLvL Equipment cLvl

lvl 9~12 Throwing Spear - lvl 8-25
lvl 9~15 Ancient Armor - lvl 8-40
Lvl 9 Crown - lvl 8-29
lvl 15 Crown - lvl 30

cLvL = Character Level
great work bro... however I thought imbueing lvl 9 items cutoff at lvl 15 to max out alvls as well as max out possibilities of dlvl 9. Isn't max alvl mod for lvl 9 15? Just wondering. Anyway nice job... this should be stickied or added to meitou's thread.

Thanks Very Happy
As far as i know, on items with relative high qlvl, it doesn't matter. You can check on formula that when qlvl > ilvl, ilvl = qlvl, so at any lvl below qlvl it will have the same chance. For example: Ancient Armor have qlvl 40. Even if you imbue at lvl 8, the formula will consider it as ilvl 40.

ps: oops small fix on Ancient Armor(36) and Throwing Spear(25), forgot about the +4 on ilvl Mad

Page 1 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: