LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:14 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
How you first got interested in Low level duelling
Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject:  

A long, long time ago, before 76legit (if you know what that was), this guy named Knarl, with a picture of Kodos (or Kang, I get them mixed up), asked for under level 9 jewels that gave +damage and stuff. I used to be poor, and do those "40 junk jewels for soj" trades, and hes was offering better. A while later, 76legit came out and as a child program, low level duels 101 came out.

Long story short, thats where my first level 20 zon came from, still alive today. Smile

Icanneverwin

BNet Acct/Realm: *Disc0nnect
1.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject:  

long story short, i saw a low lvl character (lets say 12) beat up a character more then double their lvls. So therefor i thout it was fun and funny to do the same. From there i did some research, meet bela, soldier, and cotton/yes in the order/. and had all the tips and tricks for vlld.
76 legit is just stupid, to me. We don't need to "belong to a group" to be a good dueler.

~Destined for Disappointment~

--------------------------------------------------
1000th post:Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 pm

1337st post:Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:06 am

Last edited by Icanneverwin on Thu May 26, 2005 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
AntiTyrant

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast - NL *kracked
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject:  

I thought i came up with the idea at first... i thought it would be cool to kill weak high lvls as an insult, but i was wrong, it had been around for a long time...

10 cool points to DnB for the Sig! thanks
VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject:  

Vietthehand wrote:
VoicesLLD wrote:

that is who inspired me.

other day i found that i have zei's assasins ear somewhere. i can give you if you want it.

haha, thats funny viet. i kept 1 too. but chewie deleted my sin from my account (iv given it to him) to make on his, so i dont know if he kept the ears i had there or not. i hope he did.

ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject:  

i remember my first go at lld'ing.

it was classic1.09 and i saw a game called low lvl duels. i was using my semi-twinked lvl twenty-somthing bowzon and i thought; hehe the fools my char has fairly good items i will own them alll!!! [evil laugh].

i get in the game and theres a lvl 12 throwbarb there whos killing everyone and so i step up hoping to put him in his place. turn out he was using clegs gloves and of course i died without hitting him once.

i thought how good it must be to be able to kill relativly high lvls with such an unusual and ridiculed build. so i made a thrower[clegs and everthing, a near copy of the other persons:)] and joined the next lld game i saw.

and was promptly destroyed by a charger.

then when 1.10 came out i got LoD and saw how much more dmg i could get on a low than on classic.

i never looked back.
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

After being disgusted with palapk being filled with haxord pallys after the big dupe in 09 i went to hc. My low lvl dueling started in hc and the only time ive ever heard of lld before was warchickens guide in dii.net. It was fun to make wake of fire sins with psyc hammer to stun them into a corner. The sin had a mandatory caths helm whenever i remade her after i was pwned. over and over. Then my lvl 94 double gf/arreats/whatever the unique balrog skin is died to lag in cows. so i gave it a try in softy and made fun wof sins lvl 33, this time with mindblast. Worked my way lower until lvl 9's became my obsession. Now im back dueilng lld in hc.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: How you first got interested in Low level duelling  

Guardian wrote:
DAO_JONES NECRO SHOULD BE IN HEAVEN AND NAMED GOD.

I can't wait until ladder resets so I can see what these ladder necros are really made of. Twisted Evil

I don't remember how I got into LLDing. It was so long ago. I just remember that my first llder was a lvl 21 zealot that I made because I had a ton of max dmg charms and 15 max jewels hanging around on mules which I had never had much of a use for before.

eB-Lies

BNet Acct/Realm: Great Britain , Essex
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject:  

Fist time i got into lld was when i came across a low lvl duell game in 1.09 and wanted to take a butchers , i went in with my lvl 20 pala and got aniolated by this lvl 9 asa named lol-assa i was so bewilderd and i was so shocked that this level 9 could do this , i tried again n again but still got moped around the floor , like i used to (before yoga) i would get very agetated and throw a wobler callin em every name uynder the sun , eventually i was laughed outa the game like a damn noob , as i was , but to know a vail , thus i started my crusade to make another lvl 9 asa to match hers , i called it trinity - tho it was not hell rushed i ad many a gd jewel that i traded alot to get due to the fact i wanted to become the gratest and beat lol-assa , i eventually returned with this assa of mine which only had about 300 life and around 600-700 dmg , i dueled my nemesis once again but this time not loosing so bad , i put up a very good fight and they were generly impressed as was i , so i was determind to still beat lol-assa tho , i got advice to hell rush a new char and make the stats and skills better , i followed these instructions and after a gruiling few days and many hours , i got my char Lies in action , she had 450 life , 1.6k dmg and so on.. i then came to lol-assa once more , for the last time , i came out to duel and as we started i noticed i was in the lead i wasnt owning , but almost equal i was so excited , all these hours where gona pay off and i was gona beat lol-assa!! it came to use both having little life when BAM , .....i was dead.... lol-assa got the final blow of the fully charged ts on me .....but it was enough for me , as close as i was gona get to winning , so i thought id just carry on building my asa ect. i opologiased to lol-assa for being very obsessive and thus i was hooked into lld..
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject:  

i was way too bored on hld and pvm somewhere around 1.09 and while i was doing some cowing with novasorcy someone on that game just said that he just found 15% ed sup s3 bladetalons and ofc i was pretty much like "wtf?" and asked where he needed them so he gave me short introducion to low lvl dueling and bit after that i decided to give it a try and now its all i do anymore on diablo (except sometimes nking hld morons that come to lld games with my wwsin Rolling Eyes )
ubermoose
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: Europe
3.49 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:  

heh yesterday someone told me i was the reason they got into lld:DVery HappyVery Happy

they must have seen me with my lvl 30 ww barb cos they had one too although not dual bloodletters and a lot worse gear.

oh well, one more convert into low lvl dueling, and i though it was dying out in europe.
zori

BNet Acct/Realm: Finland // Europe L
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject:  

i converted quite bunch of ppl to lld's with my vlld tsin when i was public pking like crazy since sometimes my victims didnt go like "OEMG HAKCRERR NOB LOL REPRORT TO BLZLIDARD LOL FU!!!" i just started to chat with em and ofc they wanted to know bit more of stuff i used ect so i gave em short introduction to llding and some actually made lld char after that Shocked
T_Maldo

BNet Acct/Realm: USA. Cal
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject:  

Hehe Knarl, i have a level 30 necro which is semi-equal to Dao's necro (we go about 4 and 3 in duels because he has expperience on his side.)

I can tell you this, with your godly.. noxious/magus/3bspirit/+12 str/18dex wand and your +2pnb/deflecting/resist/whatever the hell it is head and your (assuming) godly circlet.. I personally wont stand one sliver of a chance. (Plus, you take what you get on ladder, full inventory of 15 life scs is nearly impossible to reach.

But anyways, back to the story.

The person who inspired me is Jerkazoid. We know eachother and i think he just found about this llding thing and he brang me to it. Well, this one day, i needed to talk to him about How many sojs = 1 skullder. (Yes, it was back in .09) Well, he was in this game called Low Level Duel, so i join with my 30 zon that i was remaking. So i see him kill these noobs 2x/3x lvls higher than him and im like, "Wtf? How are you killing these goons when u not even thier lvl?" So he showed me his gear, and i tried it out. So i Built it just like his, a lvl 16 Ts/kick asn and i started ,killing lvl 30 newbs, and I was happy.

-End Transmission
Page 2 of 2 [27 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: