LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue May 14, 2024 5:37 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
The Holiday Cocktail Lounge~
Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject:  The Holiday Cocktail Lounge~  

This is the everyday banter thread. We discuss whatever happens to be going on in our various lives itt. (please refrain from spam posts as per the rules of our message board.)

I myself am currently awaiting the repercussions of "coming out" to an estranged friend of mine. Has anyone else had an experience as such?

I recently recieved a week off from my job as punishment for downing a fifth of whisky with my bro Speddy while on the clock and working...
and I can't stop thinking about population control a la China... In my eyes, we're literally choking our Mother Earth to death by way of overpopulation, amongst other things. I mean, f*ck. Look at middle America.
"You're too ugly, and I'm too fat. What kinda seeds are we gonna spawn with genetic cards like that?"

T_T
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: The Holiday Cocktail Lounge~  

Tridge wrote:

and I can't stop thinking about population control a la China... In my eyes, we're literally choking our Mother Earth to death by way of overpopulation, amongst other things. I mean, f*ck. Look at middle America.
"You're too ugly, and I'm too fat. What kinda seeds are we gonna spawn with genetic cards like that?"

well actually the number of children being concieved a year on a steady decrease.....people are having less children than they use to be havingx and the baby boomers which is the largest group in our population are dying off....

so its not all that bad Smile but yes we are suffocating mother earth in many different ways.

Also the "your too ugly, and im too fat" thats a state of mind and a direct result of socialization, the mass media, and the people around us in our everyday lives. that the reason these ideas are so instilled in our heads. i dont think its genetics but thats just me.

A far as coming out i cant say ive had the experience but a friend of mine was outed which is much worst that comign out imo. but good luck

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
B[x]

BNet Acct/Realm: Retired
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Holiday Cocktail Lounge~  

xX_marie_Xx wrote:
Tridge wrote:

well actually the number of children being concieved a year on a steady decrease.....people are having less children than they use to be havingx and the baby boomers which is the largest group in our population are dying off....

actually, the problem with china (and any other country who growth percentage is decreasing) is that the baby boomers are not dying off. think of all the welfare checks for those baby boomers that are going to retire in the next 20 or so years. with the decreasing birth rate and increasing life span, you're going to have some major problems. with not enough working age people to support the retired population, what are you going to do? you're going to pull a solution out of your ass, that's what you're going to do.

and as for my current situation in life, it could be better. i'm failing 30% of my engineering clinic class (this one teacher is in charge of 30% of my grade, i have a few other teachers for that one class). anyway, he's being a hard ass who thinks the curriculum is too hard so he has to up the workload. if it were just me that was failing, i'd bite the bullet and study harder but 8 out of about 20 kids in my class are failing as well and the people that are passing aren't passing by much. the fact that no other teacher (there are several classes with different teachers being in charge of that 30%, it's quite complicated but whatever, it doesn't matter) is like this pisses me off. so yeah, i have to make an appointment to see him about my grades, as do the other 7 people in the class that are failing.
oh, and i have a calc 2 test tomorrow so i should probably get some sleep.

[Important Links]
xX_marie_Xx

BNet Acct/Realm: useast [nl] Montreal Canada
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject:  

hmmm...Well I did my last midterm today so im study free till finals woot! yay more time to kill Smile Im doing pretty good in school atm but havent gotten all my midterms back so not too sure how im doing exactly but i feel pretty good about it.

As for current life situation im lucky to have my own place with a roomate whos father pays her half of the bills AND shes never around Smile so ive had the place to myself for a good 7 months now at no greater cost Smile

My car on the otherhand keeps being unlucky + I have to buy winter tires which is a pain in the behind, and buying winter tires means im gonna have to shovel snow soon Crying or Very sad

Hmmmmmm....Oh yes im also looking into getting a new car and selling my old one as well as a third tattoo Smile still trying to figure out exactly what i want considering im artistically challanged....at best my stick people look wobbly

<<<<dont ya hate leetspeak
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Koshi

BNet Acct/Realm: US East scnl, New Zealand
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject:  

Im meant to be studying for exams(which starts in 2 weeks), but I cant seem to concentrate(what with D2 and all...Damn you blizz!).

Moving house on the weekend, then its Summer holidays in 3 weeks uhh btw I live in New Zealand. Cool

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject:  

Koshi wrote:
I live in New Zealand. Cool

lucky bastard.

and tridge, what do you mean "coming out" to your estranged friend. out of the metaphorical closet?

Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject:  

VoicesLLD wrote:
and tridge, what do you mean "coming out" to your estranged friend. out of the metaphorical closet?

That's what I took it to mean...

Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject:  

Well im currently on happy pills, I have a weight problem (basically im losing weight and have to eat lots to keep to a reasonable level) and my doctor has warned me im likely to be a cripple by the time im 40 if I dont stop chasing my dream of playing at a decent standard of soccer.
Ive been shortlisted as one of 7 possible replacements for a Senior Accountants role at the head office of the company I work for, i'll find out in December but hopes arent high considering im the youngest and least experienced of the 7 Rolling Eyes
Recently found an old lost d2 friend from a few years ago, I was keeping active a mule with a few Europe items Ownage donated to me and saw her in the channel, some coincidence but shes now coming back to East so im leaving LLD and going back to the higher stuff.

Well thats the news from Saytuns part of the world, some happy, most not Rolling Eyes

Saytun

Arcane[hoh]

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast - KY
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject:  

midterms over w/ and im sick. lost my job. umm still addicted to blizz games. blah blha the usual

ISO:
ethereal swordback(prefferably with full durability)
eth\repair rare crown\great helm, 120+def with life\fhr\res\2sockets
13+life\def(4-8 def only, lvl 17) scs'

paying in currencies
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 am    Post subject:  

Well my life as of now:
School is a bitch, my earth sciences teacher has tests on shit that he doesnt cover, nor does the book, my english teacher is teaching us the 103 curriculum (I looked it up) instead of standard eng100 and eng100 is as high as I have to go so shes makign the work load verrrry hard and its a pain in the ass, I got a concussion from my aikido class a few weeks ago, and my math129 (college alg & calc with applied econ) is going good, B in the class. Outside of school I'm trying to get the girl, I just took her to our old hs homecoming (alumni can come back) and we hung out till 4 in the morning and I really fell for her, and so now I'm doing everyhting I can to be around her, but then theres this prob with this other girl, she is basically stalking me, I wouldnt be surprised if she is prob reading this (and she hates videogames) she has been obsessed with me for 2 years, we went out once before and i broke up with her for several reasons, this was a year ago and she just told me she "loves" me and she wants to know if theres any chance for us, I could have sworn I have told her repeatdly noooooooo. anyways other then that im trying to get a car, and a job...well a better one then I have now.

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
ChasingChickens

BNet Acct/Realm: *Chasingchickens, *LegendofRooster
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject:  

oh and my brother (10 years old) decided to break all teh elastic bands around all the socks in the house so whenever i walk the fall beneath and bug the hell out of me, its pissing me off!

iso: 18 max/-15 req jewel
20+max damage jewels
3/ar/life scs
ed/max jewels
Standard LLD Currency (15 lifers, 15 maxers, SoJ's, Runes, etc etc)
GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject:  

girlfriend and i are finished. schools fine. im done with d2. just got computer back. applying to colleges. anger problem is coming back rapidly. already in 1 support group and a psycologist. also... seems im getting a depresional problem. that's about it. and non of that stuff is tied to girlfriend problems or d2.
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject:  

ChasingChickens wrote:
oh and my brother (10 years old) decided to break all teh elastic bands around all the socks in the house so whenever i walk the fall beneath and bug the hell out of me, its pissing me off!

That made me laugh. Laughing

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones. My job is fine, my health is fine, I'm not in want of anything, D2 has taken a backseat in favor of spending more time with my girlfriend, so yeah, life is good. Very Happy

VoicesLLD

BNet Acct/Realm: Recovering WoW addict.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject:  

we all know your girlfriend doesnt exist, you arent fooling anyone sean. Wink

Saytun

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject:  

GODZ_llds wrote:
girlfriend and i are finished. schools fine. im done with d2. just got computer back. applying to colleges. anger problem is coming back rapidly. already in 1 support group and a psycologist. also... seems im getting a depresional problem. that's about it. and non of that stuff is tied to girlfriend problems or d2.

Good luck with that Will, im currently on anti-depressants but im being pestered into seeing a psycologist. Guess its cos i keep thinking the depression will go away by itself that im reluctant to book an appointment.

Anyway, take care Wink

Page 1 of 7 [104 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
 Forum index » Off-Topic Section » Off-Topic Discussion
Jump to: