LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu May 16, 2024 1:15 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
TSR's Level 18 CS Zon Concept
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject:  

and few posts up u just said that its easily negated completely..
and comparin ress cappin to cappin ias for sum build is just retarded and u know it urself..
@ tsr wtf ???? Very Happy i just said u should cap the resis to 30 so they would have even a sligthest fukin chance.. why couldnt ppl use deaths combo? it only gives 10allress or so and some poison ress.. poison is whole another ball game from other elements and if u use deaths belt u just dont use take 3 anyas.. how would i cap it.. ionno.. i would consider ppl to b gm enuff not to switch fukin hotties vs fissure druids or fireball sorcs when they first get their asses raped 100-0
@ ear again.. if build doesnt work then do another build.. lal.. imo there shuld b some rules that would make it whole lot easier for element chars to have a chance vs cookie cut zealots/jabzons and such.. it would make the whole fukin lld scene more versatile.. and i didnt say i would make fireresis illegal.. i would just say that u should make sum kinda cap that all ppl vouch not to cross.. how much cappin lets say all resis to ~30 nerf cookie cutter zealots / jabzons ? none?

tsr

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast SC Ladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject:  

wOOt wrote:
@ tsr wtf ???? Very Happy i just said u should cap the resis to 30 so they would have even a sligthest fukin chance.. why couldnt ppl use deaths combo? it only gives 10allress or so and some poison ress.. poison is whole another ball game from other elements and if u use deaths belt u just dont use take 3 anyas.. how would i cap it.. ionno.. i would consider ppl to b gm enuff not to switch fukin hotties vs fissure druids or fireball sorcs when they first get their asses raped 100-0
Saying pres doesn't count is being biased towards poison jav zons, which is the same as being biased to any class or build. Furthermore, Crushflange has 50 fres, therefore smiters caould no longer use their best weapon under that ruling. I'm just saying that it'd be hard to institute such a rule due to the restrictions and future biases of other classes and that it's not really even neccesary.

To further illustrate my point, would you put a cap on defense to better accomodate builds that rely on ar? Would you put a cap on ar to better accomodate builds that rely on defense? The only way to achieve perfectly balanced fights would be level 1 naked duels between the same class. Equity can only be achieved at the loss of efficiency.

Also, I would appreciate it if you no longer posted in my threads "w00t" as I find that the effort used in deciphering your "l33t-talk" and poor grammar usually outweighs the content of your posts. Furthermore, I would appreciate if you refrained from using filter-safe vulgarities when posting in any of my threads.

So I guess if you do insist on posting in my threads, please use better grammar, less vulgarities, and more respect towards others.

Thank you.
eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject:  

wOOt wrote:
and few posts up u just said that its easily negated completely..
and comparin ress cappin to cappin ias for sum build is just retarded and u know it urself..
@ ear again.. if build doesnt work then do another build.. lal.. imo there shuld b some rules that would make it whole lot easier for element chars to have a chance vs cookie cut zealots/jabzons and such.. it would make the whole fukin lld scene more versatile.. and i didnt say i would make fireresis illegal.. i would just say that u should make sum kinda cap that all ppl vouch not to cross.. how much cappin lets say all resis to ~30 nerf cookie cutter zealots / jabzons ? none?

i was just making the point with the fire resist etc, that making new rules is stupid. Anyway, as it is there are no balance problems at lvl 18 at all. Lvl 18 dueling is the most versatile/balanced lvl category as it is. If you have or know of a lvl 18 zealot or jabber that can beat my lightning zon on USeast Ladder, PM me.. or just ask Cro or any other elite ESCL lvl 18 zealot if they stand a chance against my zon. In fact, any decently built ranged character including fissure druids, iceblast sorcs, necros, and heck even blade fury sins and lightning bolt zons will dominate zealots and jabbers or any other lvl 18 melee. If anything, zealots need a handicap vs them. Even if zealots use charge on switch they don't have enough mana to win, and even with mana pots they are still at a disadvantage.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
tsr

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject:  

Hey eAr_gOd, could I possibly play/duel with you on USEast Ladder to check out your zon and see what its like?

/w *tsr if you're interested.
wfg-dude

BNet Acct/Realm: Long Beach, CA
158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject:  

tsr wrote:
So should I go for a pure cs build or somewhat of a hybrid utilizing more physical damage and a decent amount of elemental damage, but flexible against someone with high resists.

CS always does decent vs other chars especially dummies that don't stack or know how to duel.

However, at lvl 18 CS zon would NOT be a build I'd make! Looks like you have tons of skills in powerstrike I've never built a PS zon but lemme know how it goes.

At lvl 18 stick with melee if you want something competitive or chargers/hammers if u want something "open". CS zons just seem to have too many drawbacks at lvl 18.

Zons at lvl 9 kick butt and at lvl 30 they kick butt... they just seem to miss the mark IMHO in between those two levels. Same goes with Sins.. they are extremely competitive in certain categories and at certain levels but at lvl 18 traps don't work too well and melee sins are just owned by barbs and zealots... but up to you.

If you build this girl... DO NOT go for physical damage and max out synergies for CS bolts!!! Fill sockets with stats or life or something... don't use 15 maxers. Same with charms... go for life or life/mana. Don't put points into crit strike and dodge is "iffy" IMO since you can get into "dodge lock" effectively letting the other guy do all the attacking and you doing nothing but ducking ROFL...

Rhyme is good shield to keep in your stash as you will need it in many cases.

Cool Sweet Justice IMHO!!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject:  

eAr_gOd wrote:
i was just making the point with the fire resist etc, that making new rules is stupid. Anyway, as it is there are no balance problems at lvl 18 at all. Lvl 18 dueling is the most versatile/balanced lvl category as it is. If you have or know of a lvl 18 zealot or jabber that can beat my lightning zon on USeast Ladder, PM me.. or just ask Cro or any other elite ESCL lvl 18 zealot if they stand a chance against my zon. In fact, any decently built ranged character including fissure druids, iceblast sorcs, necros, and heck even blade fury sins and lightning bolt zons will dominate zealots and jabbers or any other lvl 18 melee. If anything, zealots need a handicap vs them. Even if zealots use charge on switch they don't have enough mana to win, and even with mana pots they are still at a disadvantage.

Ear's too humble to come out and say it, but his CS zon is flat-out amazing. For level 18 dueling especially, if you put a little bit of thought and effort into a character, you can compete (and defeat) all the cookie cutters.

Woot, I understand your sentiments, but capping resist just isn't viable. Most LLD's (level 18 ) are going to be hell rushed (30 resist all) who use the Death's combo (15 resist all). So the minimum level for a cap is 45. However, non-cookie cutter builds that rely on rares often have better resists. My charger uses a rare ring with 20ish Fire Resist and a rare belt with 25 Lightning resist. I'm certainly not looking for the resists - they just happened to spawn on my half freeze/mana ring and my 24 FHR belt.

yarly
Bakaraver

BNet Acct/Realm: BISH LAND.
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:  

Phys Damage on CS will be hard to up.

By the way i Love that word "hybridized"

or you can do what the other hybrid bowzons to just +1 Jab anyway o_O and switch wep with a nice pokie.

id post my necs stuff i knew how to ss.

breakbeatz2
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject:  

I don't how an 18 cs zon could possibly put a dent in a zealot in melee. I assume ear uses ranged vs. them?
Elusive

BNet Acct/Realm: *elusive-
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject:  

id would assume so too

only if the zealot stacks or has charge/throw/both on switch or main setup can it deal with ranged builds.
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject:  

eAr_gOd wrote:
In fact, any decently built ranged character including fissure druids, iceblast sorcs, necros, and heck even blade fury sins and lightning bolt zons will dominate zealots and jabbers or any other lvl 18 melee.

yarly
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject:  

Of course ranged will dominate melee...duh. And as for elite builds jabbers/cs zons might do well vs. zealots/barbs however, keep in mind this guy is asking help as if he is starting out. i doubt he has elite gear and wants to compete at the top levels.

I guess on West we just don't see well built chars at lvl 18 beyond casters or melee. Fuh and Popeye both tried to make a lvl 18 jabazon and they failed to ever win vs. my zealot. I don't know of anyone that built a cszon at 18 but I can't imagine them doing too well.

Roy... you forgot in your assumptions of zealots that they might have a 65/121/80+ res all shield for just such an occasion Wink Vs. decent melee builds the res will always be 75 IMHO.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Roy
My level 18s > yours

223.30 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject:  

wfg-dude wrote:
Of course ranged will dominate melee...duh. And as for elite builds jabbers/cs zons might do well vs. zealots/barbs however, keep in mind this guy is asking help as if he is starting out. i doubt he has elite gear and wants to compete at the top levels.

I guess on West we just don't see well built chars at lvl 18 beyond casters or melee. Fuh and Popeye both tried to make a lvl 18 jabazon and they failed to ever win vs. my zealot. I don't know of anyone that built a cszon at 18 but I can't imagine them doing too well.

Roy... you forgot in your assumptions of zealots that they might have a 65/121/80+ res all shield for just such an occasion Wink Vs. decent melee builds the res will always be 75 IMHO.

I didn't make any assumptions about zealots. The only thing I stated was that ear_god's level 18 CS zon does extremely well. I find that people are way too quick to dismiss non-cookie cutters without first experimenting.

To your point, I still don't understand why any zealot would have more than 45 resist all as a general rule of thumb. Upping your resists only weakens you against the standard melee character, as you're sacrificing AR or extra max damage or other mods to get elemental resistance.

Also, it's pointless to socket a 65/121 shield with 4 PDiamonds when you'd get much better results from socketing a 45 res all shield with 4 x 15 maxers.

yarly
wfg-dude

158.70 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject:  

Roy wrote:
wfg-dude wrote:

I didn't make any assumptions about zealots. The only thing I stated was that ear_god's level 18 CS zon does extremely well. I find that people are way too quick to dismiss non-cookie cutters without first experimenting.

To your point, I still don't understand why any zealot would have more than 45 resist all as a general rule of thumb. Upping your resists only weakens you against the standard melee character, as you're sacrificing AR or extra max damage or other mods to get elemental resistance.

Also, it's pointless to socket a 65/121 shield with 4 PDiamonds when you'd get much better results from socketing a 45 res all shield with 4 x 15 maxers.

Thanks for the suggestions.. I have 45res all with gems in it to stack vs. casters in nm or hell games. I don't need extra dmg vs. casters so plain res is fine. I do have a 45res all with 4 x 15's in it tho. In a norm duel with just plain 45 res all shield my res is in the 60's -75 if I remember correctly.

And I'm assuming that he is farcasting is why he says he owns all melee??? I was thinking toe to toe so my bad for assuming.

You are right Roy... I misread your comments when I saw the 45 res. You were talking potential caps on res. O.o Vision check plz o.O

VexSoul

BNet Acct/Realm: *cashback ESCL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject:  

ear's zon uses lightning bolt, so he doesn't farcast. I really don't think he'd need it...

tsr

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject:  

Guys, eAr_gOd is a 3 Time USEast L VLLD Melee ARENA Champ. That means he wins legitimately and he's good at it. I don't neccesarily know if his zon is the one he used to win any of that, but I'm guessing that he knows a thing or two about dueling.

Personally, I'd really like the oppurtunity to learn a little bit more about his build.
Page 2 of 3 [43 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: