LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Still can't figure out this calc
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
ohhwataloser

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject:  Still can't figure out this calc  

i tired to understand it i don't

what lvl should i imbue ethereal blade talons to try to get 10 ias and repair duribilty over time?

and could someone break it down how you came up with that info using the calc?

also i was wondering is it possible to craft lvl 9 and under gear?
wOOt

BNet Acct/Realm: \m/ Europe -> Finland \m/
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:  

ionno.. sumten from 12-18 might work..

eAr_gOd

BNet Acct/Realm: E/SCL: eAr_god, eAr_DeViL, ear_ections (shared)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject:  

Lvl 18 is the best lvl to imbue blade talons for the maximum probability to achieve optimal damage. Every blade talon imbued with a lvl 18 will never surpass lvl 9 requirement. However, the chance of getting repair on a blade talon is only about 10%. The chance of getting BOTH repair and 10ias is 1.3%. So yea imbuing can be pretty frustrating.

If you're looking for just repair and 10ias, you can imbue at a lvl lower than 18 and have a better probability to get both. In fact, 10ias is a lvl 5 suffix and repair is a lvl 3 suffix. But chances are the damage will be significantly worse and you may just be better off using a magical 2 socket 10ias blade talon shopped and larzuk'd.

I actually got half of this info from someone else rather than using the calculator (the affix calc doesn't seem to be adjusting alvl anymore no matter what I chance the input lvl to, I dunno if i'm doing something wrong), however after imbuing over 30 blade talons I can assure you that this is the case. Try imbuing with a lvl 9 char (likely itll be a lvl 3 req bt with crap damage), then imbuing with a lvl 18 character and u'll see the difference. Oh and by the way I actually did successfully imbue a nice 10ias repair blade talon.

Necropantser: Lvl 9 Summoner/Sacrifice hybrid necro
ObiWanShinobi: Lvl 9 TS assassin

Always looking for gear upgrades, particularly 15life Scs with lightning damage or mana, and defiance/zeal war sceptors.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject:  

eAr_gOd wrote:
(the affix calc doesn't seem to be adjusting alvl anymore no matter what I chance the input lvl to, I dunno if i'm doing something wrong)
This is why the alvl does not change sometimes.
dainbramage

2.65 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject:  

Answering your last question, it's impossible to craft anything under level 13.

The formula for rlvl is:

Highest_alvl*0.75 + 3*#ofaffixes + 10, rounded down.

So with one affix, alvl 1, you have a crafted item with rlvl 13. Can't craft anything below that sorry.
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:  

dainbramage wrote:
Answering your last question, it's impossible to craft anything under level 13.

The formula for rlvl is:

Highest_alvl*0.75 + 3*#ofaffixes + 10, rounded down.

So with one affix, alvl 1, you have a crafted item with rlvl 13. Can't craft anything below that sorry.
The lowest rlvl for crafts is 14.
ohhwataloser

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:  

i just wanted to know how to use the calc and the math behind what level is best to do this with, it not only blade talons, i wnana do it with chain boots and bone sheilds also. obviously higher lvl chars are going to get you better mods, but how do i figure out what lvl is best for the mods i want? and if i wanted other mods how would i figure that out?

and thx for answer the crafting question
patrlck

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject:  

I am wondering the same question but I am coming from a 1.09 mod.
I imbued 4 eth bt's at level 18 and right off the bat i got a 10ias ar/ed/rep durability but the required level was 41, then I got one that had 10ias no other good mods and was required level 9. The next two times I imbued the required level was 41. So I am asking all you people that understand the affix calculator and are knowledgeable about 1.09 to see if they can remember what the best level to imbue in 1.09 is. Thanks.

~Patrick
krajee

9.68 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:  

ohhwataloser wrote:
i just wanted to know how to use the calc and the math behind what level is best to do this with, it not only blade talons, i wnana do it with chain boots and bone sheilds also. obviously higher lvl chars are going to get you better mods, but how do i figure out what lvl is best for the mods i want? and if i wanted other mods how would i figure that out?

It's very straightforward. Everything you need to know can be found on these forums.

patrlck wrote:
I am wondering the same question but I am coming from a 1.09 mod.
I imbued 4 eth bt's at level 18 and right off the bat i got a 10ias ar/ed/rep durability but the required level was 41, then I got one that had 10ias no other good mods and was required level 9. The next two times I imbued the required level was 41. So I am asking all you people that understand the affix calculator and are knowledgeable about 1.09 to see if they can remember what the best level to imbue in 1.09 is. Thanks.

~Patrick
Have you even tried using the calculator? There's a nifty little button that switches from d2 1.10+ to d2 1.09. Anyways, the mod you are using is modifying the game in a way that the affix calculator would be inaccurate. You'll need the raw data from the mod you're using to figure stuff out.
ohhwataloser

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject:  

krajee wrote:
ohhwataloser wrote:

It's very straightforward. Everything you need to know can be found on these forums.

all i ever see is "practice using the calc, you'll figure it out eventually".....well ive tired to the point of fustration and hasn't got me anywhere, that why i was asking for an example with blade talons so mayb i can figure the others out also.
Visual Tactics
LLD101 Staff

BNet Acct/Realm: West NL
47.69 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject:  

when u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4, and the minimum character lvl to imbue is 8. (so minumum is ilvl12 of course)

by using the calc choose these settings:

choose an item: "Blade Talons"
choose cube recipe: "NONE (monster drop rare)"
input ilvl: "99"
clvl: "1"
then hit "show possible affixs"

this displays a lot of mods possible with their stats

notice the little table at that top that tells u the alvl=output ilvl

*generally the requirement of the affix is 75% it Affix lvl (most affixs not all)*

Looking at the affix calc list you find the Prefix "Silver (61-80 To Attack Rating)" for example which is lvl of 12 as shown.

You want the blade talons to be lvl 9 requirement.
So this means the max alvl is 12.
alvl * .75 = 12 *.75 = lvl 9 requirement.
All mods alvl 12 and lower are avaliable at lvl 9. So, you can get the "Silver" Prefix mod (lvl 12) at lvl 9.

So now you go back to the affix calc and lower the input ilvl so that the highest level prefix or suffix is 12. You should come upon the ilvl of 22.

Looking back at the first sentence of this post "when u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4"
With a ilvl of 22, this means you want level 18 char to imbue.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post but it should be pretty easy to understand the way I layed it out.

patrlck

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:
when u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4, and the minimum character lvl to imbue is 8. (so minumum is ilvl12 of course)

*generally the requirement of the affix is 75% it Affix lvl (most affixs not all)*

Looking at the affix calc list you find the Prefix "Silver (61-80 To Attack Rating)" for example which is lvl of 12 as shown.

All mods alvl 12 and lower are avaliable at lvl 9. So, you can get the "Silver" Prefix mod (lvl 12) at lvl 9.

So now you go back to the affix calc and lower the input ilvl so that the highest level prefix or suffix is 12. You should come upon the ilvl of 22.

Looking back at the first sentence of this post "when u imbue the ilvl is set to Clvl +4"

If you have any more questions, feel free to post but it should be pretty easy to understand the way I layed it out.

Thanks so much for your reply. What you posted helped me very very much. I now have figured out that my mod just has some different things, but now I have figured it out. And everything you just told me helped me greatly. I thank you kindly,

~Patrick
ohhwataloser

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:  

Visual Tactics wrote:

wow i finally get it.... ty soo much
Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: