LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 8:37 am
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Anyone still play classic game?
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject:  Anyone still play classic game?  

I am just curious how many of us are still playing classic game at a regular base? Or mfing in classic? Does classic still spawn good stuff that xpac can't spawn anymore?
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject:  

i play classic hc-nox-ladder with several r/l friends.

my computer sucks too much for hc and i'm prepetually in act one normal XD

T_T
Pansy

BNet Acct/Realm: U.S. East NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject:  

I have a decent amount of stuff on Classic, but nothing really special. I haven't played in Classic for a couple of months now, the main problem being that games were so hard to come by on classic non-ladder SC. Of course this may have changed now, since ladder season 1 ended. At once point, literally about 5 or 6 games were up tops once my characters hit hell...it was pretty empty. Neutral

Rares still have a lower level requirement than on x-pack I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Delybrio

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Nonladder
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject:  

I have a little bit, as I've started a character Classic NL. There are more games up now in hell, around 10-15 or so, sometimes more.

Occassionally I MF in classic when looking for rare boots/belts/rings and such for LLD, but its really not the best place. The A5 superunique run isnt there (Shenk/Eldritch/Thresh/Pindle) which is where i get most of the rares in Expac. The only thing that Classic has for an easily runnable super-unique is Fire Eye. Classic has no +tree skills, so its a nice place to look for Amulets for something like a CS zon, or a Hammerdin amulet.

The thing is its pretty hard to get started from nothing since there are pretty much only two types of things that people want: SoJ's and duped rares. I was fortunate enough to be set up with a Tancred's set to start.

So yeah, unless you're looking to find something to trade for classic currency, its not really worth it to MF in classic. Classic can't spawn Etheral items (as far as i know) and it wont spawn something with a Mechanic's prefix, which means that almost every xpac item has a chance to be better than a classic one.
Nosferatu
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Ladder East
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject:  

yea classic items can be summed up with sojs, rare130+ battle hammers, rare exe swords 160+ 2 handed...

thats all ppl want but if u find a bood bhammer with 30 ias or exe sword -req and good dmg then i guess its worth it.
meitou

4.11 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject:  

Thanks a lot you guys.
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject:  

the best place to mf-where i have seen the best rares come from with the greatest frequency-are the catacombs, lvl 2-3 in hell mode.
check this: 888 def -30 reqs 54 life 36 mana 12 str 24% fhr ornate plate that dexxrhc found there, and the unholy evil 182 bhammer that FrOsTy-IcE found there, among other things in HC-NoX-L1

T_T
miataspeeder

BNet Acct/Realm: Arkansas USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject:  

I have been a little bored with LLD lately so I made a classic Pally last week. I am having so much fun. It is like starting over from the beginning. I guess now I understand why people like the Ladder Realms.

It was tough at first getting items but once I got to Nmare and started cowing it was easier. My Pally is currently level 38 and uses the following: Angleic ammy and ring, rare ring with 2% mana steal, str and resits, Twitch armor, Death gloves and belt, rare divine septer and Hsarus boots, Last nite I finally put my 2 perfect diamonds in a grim shield yeah.

It is funny watching every build wear Signons LOL. I made a classic character mainly to rush my level 9 duelers once I start VLD. I have found a few items I will upgrade to Expansion. A 7% superior Grim and level 8 boots with 10% FRW, 10%FHR, 3 to lit radius 35 to AR, and cold resit.

ThatGuy

BNet Acct/Realm: MONTREAL YAA! Quit d2
5.36 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject:  

Those boots are godly Shocked but remember if you bring em to expac the lvl reqs might go higher.

miataspeeder

BNet Acct/Realm: Arkansas USEast NL
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject:  

NO NO NO please do not tell me that.
Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: