LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri May 31, 2024 2:28 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
lld still going strong hu?
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
Vudoo35

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject:  lld still going strong hu?  

wow, cant believe you guys still doing this and shit. hahaha so what happens after d2? lol

"I didn't Play to Loose"

"Challenge Everything"
VoodooCamel

BNet Acct/Realm: Gettin' Owned USEast Style
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject:  

D3 Laughing
Spazz
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
0.15 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject:  

D3 will never happen..
Xbox rpg's and consol rpg's are gona take everyone soon...

Account: -=-Spazz-=-
Realm: USEast
Characters:
Carousel - 57 Trap Assassin MLD

silent_pvp

BNet Acct/Realm: USeast NL *silent_pvp3 *silent_pvp6 *silent_pvp7
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject:  

What do you mean after D2???? There is nothing after diablo, it will keep going on forever. There will never be a diablo 3 because D2 is the greatest game mankind has, or will ever see. Its amazing graphics and awesome gameplay will keep me hooked till I am dead. Ever then i will have a pc wired into my coffin so i can play as a real necromancer. You got some crazy ideas buddy, you should probably go get your CAT scanned...
DsM-DrunkenMidget

BNet Acct/Realm: USEast Ladder (Australia)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject:  

D3 =GuildWars

heres the link : http://guildwars.com/default.html

This is being made by the guys that left Blizzard North last year. These are the people that made Diablo what it is.

from the FAQ:
Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?

No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere.

They have been very close-lipped about their reasons for leaving.

Here are the people in question by the way, quote is from an article by the creator of http://www.photics.com the premier GW fansite.

Quote:
Jeff Strain - For four years, he worked at Blizzard. While there, he was the lead programmer and the team lead for World of Warcraft. The next time you see a heated "WoW vs. GW" debate, throw that little factoid into the mix. But Jeff's legacy at Blizzard doesn't stop with World of Warcraft, Jeff was also the senior programmer for StarCraft and Warcaft III.

Mike O'Brien - If anyone has doubts that Guild Wars will have no monthly fee, just point towards Mike O'Brien. Why's that you ask? Do you know of Battle.net - Blizzard's gaming network? Mike helped to build it. No wait, "help" is too soft of a word. Mike was the lead programmer, original creator and architect of Battle.net. Having no additional charge to play is what made Battle.net great.

Patrick Wyatt - Formerly Blizzard's Vice President of Research and Development, Patrick has held many influential roles with Blizzard titles. From lead programmer and team lead for Battle.net, to writing networking and multiplayer code for Warcraft II, Patrick has accomplished extraordinary feats during his 8 year stay at Blizzard.

With nearly two decades of Blizzard history between them, Mike, Patrick and Jeff left Blizzard to form their own company. This trio of programmers called their new business "Triforge". It was later changed to ArenaNet, which is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of NCSoft Corporation. Mike, Pat and Jeff represent the creative power, NCSoft represents the financial muscle. This is a deadly combination for competitors. NCSoft is already a huge force in the MMORPG market, with Lineage I & II and City of Heroes.

The founders of ArenaNet are not alone. They work with a staff of over 50 people. It looks like the founders chose their friends wisely. The team of talent has a wealth of expertise. Their collective backgrounds include a slue of video games - Baldur's Gate, Everquest, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Voodoo Vince, Dungeon Siege I & II, Halo PC, Asheron's Call 1 & 2, Mythica, Project Gotham Racing, Crimson Skies and more!

I read one interview where it was suggested that they weren't happy with possible changes to the ownership of Blizzard. When asked if they knew who was the possible new owner they said they didn't know & that maybe that was part of the problem.

Personally I think that they were unhappy with being constrained. No company in a leading position wants to move too fast since it may leave them nowhere to go. Take little baby steps & the competition will follow with little steps but takes big strides & they will also be able to catch up fairly quick & you loose any advantage. Considering the capabilities of the developers in question I think they wanted to make a big leap.

During E3 they put GuildWars live with a free client & free signups. They had over 200,000 accounts active. That puts them in the top10 of MMORPGs, and this was one server, not a series of shards like other games. One damn server!!

I think they made the leap of how to pull it off and wanted to do it. Blizzard management said not to since it was too big of a leap. As soon as other developers see them make that impossible leap they would have to follow. Blizzard knows that they can do whatever anyone else is doing better than they can, so why do anything new? That would be a frustrating environment for anyone creative to work in.

EDIT: According to this 200,000 would have given them position #6.
D00m

BNet Acct/Realm: US East [NL] *j828war2
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject:  

there is a d3 in the works ive seen screenshots somewhere ill try to find some.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject:  

it's easy to make fake screen shots, someone got my hopes up really high in 2002 with a fake screen shot of "Chrono Storm" (supposedly the 3rd game after chrono trigger and chono corss the best games in all of history) said it was coming in 2003, but i havent seen it or heard a word about it from anyone
Chibi

BNet Acct/Realm: Lou Ky, UsEast
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject:  

The 3rd Chrono game is going to be called "Chrono Break".
I forget exactly what the thing was called, but a couple years ago a game was released in Japan on some Television/Game-all-in-one system with a game from square called "Radical Dreamers". Radical Dreamers took place before Cross, but after Trigger, and had a mish-mash of characters from the both. (Including a blue-haired Schala. ^^)
In that game was mention of three things;
The triggering of time.
The crossing of time.
and The breaking of time.

Chrono Trigger, Cross, Break.

Sorry for the geekness there, but I figured it might intrest you, Belarathon.

GODZ!
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject:  

NERDAGE TO TEH MAX.
Belarathon

BNet Acct/Realm: east nl
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject:  

I had already heard about Chrono Break and the reference to it in radical dreamers but I read a forum discussion on the Chrono Storm photo that maybe it would just be called chrono break in japan, and chrono storm in north america or something, i don't really know. i would post the screenshot up here if i knew how, but i don't. I hope they come out with a new one before i outgrow videogames though, because chrono cross was the coolest game i have ever played, and i really want to play the 3rd one in the series if they ever make it
Tridge

BNet Acct/Realm: NO WTO!
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject:  

DsM-DrunkenMidget wrote:
GuildWars

when can i buy this, please?

T_T
Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts]  
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » LLD Discussion
Jump to: