LLD101 Forum Index LLD101
Low Level Dueling in 1.12

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun May 19, 2024 1:23 pm
All times are UTC - 8
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Best HLDer
Page 2 of 4 [60 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Cowz

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject:  

I really think a really good barb vs all can take on any person and come out with a win. I have seen good ww barbs 1 hit ko most smiters. if we are talking best vs best my money is on a BvA, and i think evan BM vs BM a BvA will come out at top.

my thoughts
Twisted-Prodigy
Victim of the BAN BLUDGEON

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:27 am    Post subject:  

my hammerdin is lvl 92, has 16-17k damage, missing 1pcomb, not sure if that will make it 17-17kdamage...

he wins .vs. everything exept an assasin trapper..... or lighting sorc if they telly a lot...

i have a merc with windfores shael's, and gaze with 38ed 15ias jewl in it, armor is only shaftstop with ias.... but she does a lot of damage with concentration.... so basically fireball sorc's and stuff who just telly a lot, i just try to telly and keep up with them and let my merc shoot at them...

if your talkin about a good character to make, i say hammerdins are the best all around.... game, duels, rushs, killing stuff, lmao there the best... untill it comes to ubbers, thats one thing that my hammerdin can't really do..... other than that its a great character to play with, fun also!!

striped my lighting sorc just to get his pcombats! found it that the lighting sorc really couldn't kill as much also didn't use it as much
destructojoe

BNet Acct/Realm: destructojoe, destructojoe2, destructojoe3
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:  

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
my hammerdin is lvl 92, has 16-17k damage, missing 1pcomb, not sure if that will make it 17-17kdamage...

he wins .vs. everything exept an assasin trapper..... or lighting sorc if they telly a lot...

i have a merc with windfores shael's, and gaze with 38ed 15ias jewl in it, armor is only shaftstop with ias.... but she does a lot of damage with concentration.... so basically fireball sorc's and stuff who just telly a lot, i just try to telly and keep up with them and let my merc shoot at them...

if your talkin about a good character to make, i say hammerdins are the best all around.... game, duels, rushs, killing stuff, lmao there the best... untill it comes to ubbers, thats one thing that my hammerdin can't really do..... other than that its a great character to play with, fun also!!

striped my lighting sorc just to get his pcombats! found it that the lighting sorc really couldn't kill as much also didn't use it as much

Actually I think your wrong on ubers. The hammerdin becomes an effective smiter with just 1 point in smite, grief, and dracs. So essentially this char can really do it all, with just some gear changes.

-Destructopalyjr (hammer hybrid)
-Destructofool (fire sorc)
ISO: life charms!!!!!
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject:  

i have firesorc pride. just use bolt style. i didn't have anything real fancy, i even used a shako but i could beat 95% of any chars i ever dueled. even the fancy pants fire sorcs were done.
Mr.Snuggles

BNet Acct/Realm: North Carolina (Sadly)
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject:  

SoaringSquirrel wrote:
You're just biased towards pallies, Squall! Razz

Oh, I forgot about CS Zons. Duh! They're awesome, ask anyone. Why would Matrony invest so much into a fruitless venture if it were not so?

On the contrary, I hate Paladin. Lol. I'v always have and always will be a Sorc dueler. But I will admit I have seen these builds in action and must say, my god. PrettyInPurple is quite a godly V/T Paladin on E/Sc/NL. I did pretty well with my Light Sorc and I didn't even get him below 1/2 health, ever. I have also seen TheProfessor on W/Sc/NL duel with his Libby, I only watched one game but it was pretty much a massacre. I have built my own on E/Sc/L (Not fully equipped yet) and can take down a lot of duelers. And also Raziel (Recent keylogged Sad ) had one of the most deadly of the builds IMO, the Judi. Anything melee easily succumed to his hammers, casters would end up running into a stray hammer as he pelted them with FotH. I beleive he did 9k-10k Hammers and 5.6k FotH. Quite a deadly combo but very hard to use, hotkeys are a bitch Razz. I beleive that with a bit of practice these builds would be the most deadly, but it would take a lot of practice to get good with them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Knarl
You're Doomed

BNet Acct/Realm: USWest NL: *IK_Knarl, *NewKnarl2
1.21 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:44 pm    Post subject:  

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:

What gear do you use to get that high of dmg? I thought most good hammerdins had around 15-15k dmg.

destructojoe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject:  

Knarl wrote:
Twisted-Prodigy wrote:

What gear do you use to get that high of dmg? I thought most good hammerdins had around 15-15k dmg.

Even at 15k most good hammerdins are sacrificing some skill charms or equipment. 17k seems a bit stretched to have optimal life, fhr, etc.

Twisted-Prodigy

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:  

i use 8pcombats, torch, anni, 2sojs arch belt, shako or pcirclet, photo, eth hoz, enigma, mara.... does 16-17k right now... he has 3.5k life, also 1k mana, put most skills into vit. and dex. stght enough to use euip. mana none.
GODZ!

BNet Acct/Realm: ECWK
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject:  

i remember prettyinpurple, he was fucking amazing.
destructojoe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject:  

Twisted-Prodigy wrote:
i use 8pcombats, torch, anni, 2sojs arch belt, shako or pcirclet, photo, eth hoz, enigma, mara.... does 16-17k right now... he has 3.5k life, also 1k mana, put most skills into vit. and dex. stght enough to use euip. mana none.

Why did u put any points in dex? Usually get max block with just items and hs. Also whats your fhr/fcr and how much are your resists stacked? Your gear sounds pretty typical. Your life sounds okay if thats pre-bo, should be more like 4k but its costly. Still sounds like your sacrificing some breakpoints.

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject:  

Soaring, I'm sorry to say this, but a V/T will absolutely DESTROY BvC's and Hammerdins, effortlessly at that.

All you need is a split-second namelock, then shift-smite drops you an ear, naw mean?

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Ehhh

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject:  

Actually if I'm not mistaken top BvCs do fairly well against V/Ts. With the right rings/boots (RLoops/Imps/Wraiths), the FoH is negated already, and then it's just like dueling a regular smiter. It isn't an easy matchup for either, certainly not effortless for the V/T if we're comparing equal gear and skill.

Desync hammerdins with stacked light resist will also give a V/T some problems.

For general pub stomping, BvCs, V/Ts or T/Vs, Hammerdins and Bone necs are all top choices. I've used all but a T/V for dueling, and I must say I prefer BvC the most out of them all.

And btw, 3.5k life pre-bo is a really high estimate...Well geared paladins with godly charms will get around 2.6k pre-bo.
destructojoe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject:  

Cancerofdabowel wrote:
Soaring, I'm sorry to say this, but a V/T will absolutely DESTROY BvC's and Hammerdins, effortlessly at that.

All you need is a split-second namelock, then shift-smite drops you an ear, naw mean?

With a good stacked res, the V/T becomes a pure smiter. Which dont compete well vs a decent hammerdin. I've been told that V/t are very effective vs bvc but it would seem that if the bvc could have stacked res and wield a grief and doom then the V/T with a neutralized foh is done. I would love to test this but I currently do not have either of these chars in a godly form.

Also I dont think there is anything that will 1hit or even 2hit ko a decent bvc or hammerdin. At 9000 and 4000 hps respectively, I don't think the 1500 dmg smite or less dmg foh will drop anything in a couple hits. (this is before dr/res etc)

Just my opinion.

Last edited by destructojoe on Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
destructojoe

0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject:  

Ehhh wrote:

And btw, 3.5k life pre-bo is a really high estimate...Well geared paladins with godly charms will get around 2.6k pre-bo.

Godly smiters hit 5k life PRE-bo. So 3.5k, while decent, is certainly not a high estimate for any pally using nigma.

Inexorable

BNet Acct/Realm: TheSupplier, Cancerofdabowel
0.00 Silvarrr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject:  

Well.. are we taking BM into consideration? If we're talking BM(which I consider Doom to most certainly be), Life Tap wand on switch for the V/t. Let em stack/sorb the lightning. They're switching out killing power to deal with the Foh, making them less able to handle the smite.

As far as the hammerdin goes.. it depends on their playing style. I forgot to mention this. The hammerdins that tele on top of a v/t will never win. Shift-smite knocks them out of the way and no hammers will hit. If they desy charge, or run and let hammers off, the v/t's going to have problems.

Knarl wrote:
Inexorable beat LittleKnarl, 4-3. Grumble grumble. My poor smiter.

Knarl wrote:
4-3 for inexorable again in melee. 10 life...pssh.

If you cannot take the heat....
Page 2 of 4 [60 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
 Forum index » Diablo 2 Discussion Section » General Discussion
Jump to: